Comparison

Discuss and ask questions about CADViewX (Lite and Pro versions).

Moderators: SDS, support, admin

creepin

Comparison

Post by creepin » 31 Jan 2011, 19:32

Hello,

I am using CadImport.Net up to now, but the speed of loading and processing images (large dwg or dxf up top 20MB) is not acceptable at all.
So i tried the VB.NET demo of CADViewX and noticed it is much faster and would fit our requirements.

Is there any disadvantage of CADViewX used in VB.NET against CADImport.dll? Or is it missing some functionality? (creating entities programmaticly or such things)

My requirements are:
creating and editing entities programmatically and visually,
exporting to dxf,
importing from dwg and dxf
adding dxf-references (or similar functionallity)

Thanks a lot in advance!

support

Re: Comparison

Post by support » 01 Feb 2011, 13:10

Hello.
You're correct, CADViewX provides better speed of processing images. However it has the disadvantage that can limit its utilization - the entities structure that can be accessed programmatically is considerably lesser than CAD Import .NET provides. All other requirements are fulfilled. Please test if required entities and properties accessible with CADViewX or specify this question and we'll provide you with more detailed information.

Alexander.
Technical Support E-mail: support@cadsofttools.com
Chat support on Skype: cadsofttools.support

creepin

Post by creepin » 01 Feb 2011, 22:26

Thank you for the answer. That sounds good up to now.
So i have some more specific questions:

- We need to create Blocks and insert them as Insert on mouse-click at mouse-click position. is this possible?
- In vb.net demo version there is only a cadViewX control. Can menubar,cadpictbox and so on accessed seperately in full version?
- Is it possible to access the EndAddEntity method or something similar to CadImport.Net

If this is possible, where are the disadvantages exactly? Just an example if it is possible.

So if you would say, it might work, I would try to change the current code to fit the CadViewX library to test it.
May I keep the code in the main, or are there many changes necessary? I mean are the structures of both libraries similar?

Thanks a lot, and great support you are offering!

support

Post by support » 02 Feb 2011, 14:04

Hello.
CADViewX allows create and insert blocks by mouse click at mouse position. However some of entities not accessible programmatically in CADViewX. For example hatches accessible as base class objects only, there isn't special class for hatch representation. On the other hand imported hatches will be visualized correctly because these entities supported internally. So, if block must contain hatch then such block can't be created programmatically correctly. But you can copy/paste existed hatches visually using editor in CADViewX Pro. Please browse the library to check if required entities is supported.
CADViewX structure is different from CAD Import .NET. CADViewX is the control and container of CADImage. There is no CADPictureBox like in CAD Import .NET. CADViewX contol can be customised, e.g. toolbars and windows on/off and so on.
EndAddEntity method from CADEditorControl called when finishing drawing entity with EntitiesCreator class. There is no such or similar method in CADViewX. Editor component of CADViewX Pro include EditorEvent that can be used in the similar way.

So, the most disadvantage is lesser entities structure accessible. CADViewX can be replacement if all required entities supported from API or visual editor can be used.

Alexander.

creepin

Post by creepin » 06 Apr 2011, 12:25

Hello. The last days I tried to transfer my code from CadImport.Net to CadViewX. There are a few questions left.
I Use my own Menubar and toolbar. What method must be called to start adding entities visually? Like your Polyline, Rectangle Butoons etc. In CAdImport.NET it was done by CreatorType
Is it possible to create my own Linetypes and set it to Entities or Layers?
How is the color attribute handled in CadViewX. Does the UInteger represents the argb-code for the color?
I don't know how to use the EditorEvent you mentioned in your last post. How can I recognized a new entity was added visually?
And how can I get the last added Entity, because the entityconverter does not have a "count" field or something like that.
How can I remove an entity from converter or currentlayout? I dont find any remove command.
The name attribute of Block is set to readonly. Cant't I assign a name to a block?
What is equal to the GetRealPoint and SnapRealPoint method from CadImport.Net?

Thanks for the help,
Henning

support

Post by support » 07 Apr 2011, 16:24

Hello Henning.
CADViewX Pro version required for visual entities creation. Pro version include Editor component for this purpose. There is the possibility to launch visual entities creation programmatically using correspond action. For example CADViewX1.Actions.Item(74).Execute() will start line drawing by mouse. See full actions list in VB demo menu. Also please note, interface/toolbar of Editor component are customizable - you can hide unnecessary elements.
CADViewX provides functionality similar to CAD Import .NET. However entities structure provided by API considerably lesser than CAD Import .NET provides. In fact, you can't create own linetypes.
You're correct, color represented as argb value in CADViewX. CADViewX provides the CADImage structure similar to CAD Import .NET: CADViewX1.CADImage.Converter.Sections(CADViewLib.TxConvSection.csEntities).Count specifies entities number on current layout (in converter). Unfortunately there is no any method to remove entity from entities list. Current CADViewX version provides action to remove selected entities only. We will add RemoveEntity functionality in the future versions as well as the possibility setting name to Block.
CADViewX.CADImage.GetCADCoords equal to GetRealPoint. GetRealSnapPoint from CAD Import .NET doesn't have analog in CADViewX.

Alexander.

敏峰.张

Post by 敏峰.张 » 28 Dec 2019, 05:35

Have a look at "MxDraw", They are faster than CADViewX, maybe twice faster.

敏峰.张

Post by 敏峰.张 » 28 Dec 2019, 05:43

for example:
http://afeng.open-src.com/1027.dwg
on my laptop,
while CADViewX use 8 seconds to open this drawing file,
MxDraw use less than 4 seconds.

敏峰.张

Post by 敏峰.张 » 28 Dec 2019, 08:52

I see why CADViewX was slower. It's about SearchSHXPaths and SHXSearchPaths, They cost seconds. After disabled them, CADViewX become very fast!
敏峰.张 wrote:
28 Dec 2019, 05:43
for example:
on my laptop,

support

Post by support » 06 Jan 2020, 13:53

敏峰.张 wrote:
for example:
on my laptop,
Could you please provide the information about your laptop hardware and specify your CADViewX version (Lite/Pro) and version number?

Mikhail

敏峰.张

Post by 敏峰.张 » 08 Jan 2020, 12:13

support wrote:
06 Jan 2020, 13:53
敏峰.张 wrote:
for example:
on my laptop,
Could you please provide the information about your laptop hardware and specify your CADViewX version (Lite/Pro) and version number?

Mikhail
I slove the problem. Please see my post above. Thanks.