Viewing .bak files

Discuss and ask questions about CAD DLL (CAD Image DLL, CAD Importer DLL).

Moderators: SDS, support, admin

Arqfaim

Viewing .bak files

Post by Arqfaim » 10 Feb 2007, 19:38

Hi.
Is there a way for CADImage to view files with the .bak extension? As you know these are just .dwg with a different filename extension.

I'm experimenting with CADImage on XnView, which I use extensively, and so far I find CADImage is the most practical browser for my AutoCAD work. Thanks.

support

Post by support » 12 Feb 2007, 09:52

Hello!

Thank you for the favourable reception of <b>CADImage</b> plugin: http://www.cadsofttools.com/en/products ... grams.html

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Is there a way for CADImage to view files with the .bak extension? As you know these are just .dwg with a different filename extension.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
The problem is that various programs use this extension as backup. And it seems to be objectionable for CADImage to read files with .bak extension.

Sergey.

Please post questions to the forum or write to support@cadsofttools.com

Arqfaim

Post by Arqfaim » 13 Feb 2007, 20:34

Of course those with objections to seeing .bak files should have their way (for example by disassociating CADImage from .bak files) but should not stop me and others from seeing them. Don't forget that .bak files aren't only used as backup. They're also rightly kept for version management which AutoCAD lacks within DWG format.

As for other progs that also write .bak files, CADImage already fails viewing them. If it could recognize the ACAD ones then it would only fail with some.

Still, I only keep .bak for existing .dwg and CADImage succedes helping me identify these so it helps me indirectly to find those.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Thank you for the favourable reception of CADImage plugin<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Thank yourselves for your good work [8D]

support

Post by support » 21 Feb 2007, 15:39

We can make CADImage.DLL with the .bak files support for you. This version will not be available for wide access at our web site. And this version will not recognise itself whether loaded file is CAD or not. This will stay your own prerogative.

Please write us on this question to support@cadsofttools.com with a reference to this topic.

Sergey.

Please post questions to the forum or write to support@cadsofttools.com