Setting Text Height

Discuss and ask questions about ABViewer.

Moderators: SDS, support, admin

freepiston

Setting Text Height

Post by freepiston » 05 Nov 2010, 00:26

When I set the text height in properties before the creation of an object,
the value in the properties window clears and immediately re-displays as
2.5. I cannot overwrite this either by editing the properties window or
defining a new text style - the properties window always displays 2.5.
I was able to set text height to an arbitrary value of 50 by using the multiline text box and forcing a text
height then. However, the properties box on the text when selected still shows
2.5. The quick select option similarly does not alter the text, or change the displayed text text height property which remains at 2.5

I am using ABViewer 7.3.0.5 Professional under Vista Home Basic

Any ideas please, as I need a way of changing the default text height.

support

Re: Setting Text Height

Post by support » 08 Nov 2010, 14:24

Hello.
Please download the latest ABViewer version: http://www.cadsofttools.com/download/abviewer.zip
and install it in the new directory (not overwrite previous version). Installation must be completed from administrator account. Then run ABViewer with administrator rights and try change the font height in the properties window.

Alexander.
Technical Support E-mail: support@cadsofttools.com
Chat support on Skype: cadsofttools.support

freepiston

Post by freepiston » 09 Nov 2010, 11:55

Thanks for that. Done it - no improvement. Have pretty much decided to dump Vista and try my luck with Windows 7 professional. Will try ABViewer then and hope for a better outcome

support

Post by support » 10 Nov 2010, 15:24

Hello.
To set the font height value in "properties" window the "enter" key must be pressed after value input. However if mouse/trackball cursor will be moved to any other field before press "enter", then value will restore to default (2,5). Please check if such situation is possible. Also have you tried input values to any other fields from properies window? Situation can be common for any input field or just font height.
Could you please give us more details about issue if possible? Have you tried install and test to any other PC? Have any antivirus software installed? Any changes with Windows 7?

Alexander.
Technical Support E-mail: support@cadsofttools.com
Chat support on Skype: cadsofttools.support