Merging dxf files

Discuss and ask questions about ABViewer.

Moderators: SDS, support, admin

galmala

Merging dxf files

Post by galmala » 01 May 2007, 23:33

Hello all,

I have a number of individual dxf files which I wish to merge into one single file and then edit. I can merge two seperate dxfs by opening one, and then selecting, File / Merge ...

Problem is that the second dxf seems to come in as a block or insert rather than an entity and when I save the dxf, I lose the block!

Is there anyway to convert the block / insert into an entity?

Cheers,

Chris

support

Post by support » 02 May 2007, 18:46

Hello Chris,

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Problem is that the second dxf seems to come in as a block or insert rather than an entity and when I save the dxf, I lose the block!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
We will solve this problem and inform you when update will be available.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Is there anyway to convert the block / insert into an entity?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
This is rather difficult but interesting task. We need to study the question before giving some definite answer.

Sergey.

Please post questions to the forum or write to support@cadsofttools.com

support

Post by support » 01 Nov 2007, 15:29

Hello Chris,

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Problem is that the second dxf seems to come in as a block or insert rather than an entity and when I save the dxf, I lose the block!</i><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

The problem has been solved.
ABViewer v.6.2.0.60 is available at: http://www.cadsofttools.com/download/abviewer.zip

Sergey

Please post questions to the forum or write to support@cadsofttools.com