ABViewer freezes on some network drive

Discuss and ask questions about ABViewer.

Moderators: SDS, support, admin

Pascal Demarez

ABViewer freezes on some network drive

Post by Pascal Demarez » 07 Nov 2013, 19:17

Hello,

With the explorer in ABViewr, if i choose my F: network drive, ABVIewer freezes with the mouse cursor in hourglass mode and ABViewer never open F: drive.
If i load a file with OpenFile on this network drive, the file is loaded, but just after ABViewer freezes with the mouse cursor in hourglass mode.
If i load the same file on my local drive or other drive than F:, loading file works well.

I have this problem on my physical Windows 7 x64, on a virtual PC with Windows XP on the same F: network drive, i have not this problem.

support

Re: ABViewer freezes on some network drive

Post by support » 08 Nov 2013, 12:46

Hello!

This problem may occur if the connection to the network location is lost during the time that ABViewer is opening the file. Does the mentioned problem occur with other programs? If so, check your network.

Mikhail
Technical Support E-mail: support@cadsofttools.com
Chat support on Skype: cadsofttools.support

Pascal Demarez

Post by Pascal Demarez » 08 Nov 2013, 17:50

Hello,

In fact, ABViewer is not dead but i can use it again only after a few minutes after the file was opened.
In this network drive, i have hundreds directories and tousands files that can be read by ABViewer.
It seems it is your folder explorer the problem on Win 7 x64.
Because, if i disable Explorer in View menu, i can use ABviewer immediatly after loading a file.

I've had a similar problem with a folderview component from LOGICNP Software.

support

Post by support » 08 Nov 2013, 18:41

Hello,

The problem occurs because you have a many directories and files on your network drive. Please, check if the problem occurs when opening files from other network drive that contains not too many files

Mikhail.

Pascal Demarez

Post by Pascal Demarez » 08 Nov 2013, 19:41

Hello,

When opening files from other network drive that contains not too many files there is no problem
The problem occurs only on the network drive with many files, and only with Windows 7 x64.
With Windows XP x86, on the same network drive with many files, there is no problem.

support

Post by support » 26 Nov 2013, 18:04

Hello,

We are planning to implement the loading of Explorer window in a separate thread in order to solve this issue.

Mikhail.