Registration Popup while launching ABViewer

Discuss and ask questions about ABViewer.

Moderators: SDS, support, admin

bnemeth220

Registration Popup while launching ABViewer

Post by bnemeth220 » 29 Jul 2015, 15:37

Hello Friends

We are using ABViewer 10.0.1.22 x86 and x64 Edition on physical machines and terminal server as well.
Floating License Server is up and running fine. The user-regkey for the license server is distributed via Active Directory.

If we start ABViewer on a terminal server (Windows 2008 R2 x64), everything is fine. ABViewer is starting fine after 2 or 3 seconds.
If we start ABViewer on a machine with Windows 7 Enterprise on it (it doesn't matter if it's a 32 or a 64 bit machine nor if it's a physical or a virtual machine) the user get's everytime the registration screen and has to close it. The lines of the registration wizards are already filled. It's just popping up on every start and annoys our users.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Regards,
Bernhard

PS: I also tried version 10.0.1.28, same problem.

support

Re: Registration Popup while launching ABViewer

Post by support » 30 Jul 2015, 15:37

Hello Bernard,

We are aware of this problem, some of our customers encountered the same issue. Our developers will try to solve it.

Mikhail
Technical Support E-mail: support@cadsofttools.com
Chat support on Skype: cadsofttools.support

ARWAG

Post by ARWAG » 21 Aug 2015, 11:28

Hello,

We are watching the same issue on our Windows 2008 R2 Terminal Server and on our Windows 7 Clients, but on the Clients we could prevent this registration dialog popup through distributing the file "Interface.xml" to the %appdata%-folder of the user. But this Workaround doesn't work on our Terminal Server.

Kind Regards,
Alex

bnemeth220

Post by bnemeth220 » 23 Oct 2015, 11:59

support wrote:Hello Bernard,
We are aware of this problem, some of our customers encountered the same issue. Our developers will try to solve it.
Mikhail
Hello Mikhail

Any news about this problem? Our Users are very upset about this problem.

Regards, Bernhard

support

Post by support » 23 Oct 2015, 21:35

Hello Bernard,

The given problem is not solved yet.

Mikhail

bnemeth220

Post by bnemeth220 » 03 Nov 2015, 12:12

ARWAG wrote:Hello,
We are watching the same issue on our Windows 2008 R2 Terminal Server and on our Windows 7 Clients, but on the Clients we could prevent this registration dialog popup through distributing the file "Interface.xml" to the %appdata%-folder of the user. But this Workaround doesn't work on our Terminal Server.
Kind Regards,
Alex
Hello ARWAG
I also tried this workaround but it didn't work for me. Not for Terminalserver nor for Windows 7. Did you edit the Interface.xml before distribution?
Regards,
Bernhard

support

Post by support » 03 Nov 2015, 18:07

Hello Bernhard, Alex,

To resolve this issue, you should turn off an antivirus software installed on the client machines and server.

Mikhail

ARWAG

Post by ARWAG » 18 Nov 2015, 13:21

Hello Bernhard,

sorry for the late answer, i did the following: i made a fresh Installation of abviewer on a bare client with a naked user profile. then i started abviewer once, made no settings except setting the language, closed the program, and then copied all the newly created files (these 5 files: DockSettings.ini, Interface.xml, MDim.dxf, Settings.ini, Settings2d.ini) in the user Profile (you can find them under "%APPDATA%\CADSoftTools\ABViewer 10") to all other users via Login script in the same path. this worked (only) for my clients.

@mikhail: i don't have the Intention do uninstall or deactivate the antivirus on my terminal Server or all my Clients. a short test with disabled antivirus did not help.

bnemeth220

Post by bnemeth220 » 24 Nov 2015, 16:32

Hi

I have an update on this issue. First: Sorry for blaming Cadsofttools for this issue.

We tracked this issue down to our client firewall from Sophos. Even if I set in our firewall the setting "Allow all traffic" we get this popup in ABViewer. I tried everything with Sophos support to get this thing running. Not until I deactivate the whole firewall service in Windows the popup disappears.
We opened a case at Sophos for further investigation.

So stay tuned...

gwinkler

Post by gwinkler » 24 Apr 2017, 13:10

Hello Support,

i am the succesor of bnemeth220 in our Company. We still have this Problem with the Registration popup on our Windows 7 64 bit and Server 2008R2 Terminal Server machines. Sophos AV is not installed on our Terminal Servers so this cannot be the cause of this issue.

Is there a fix for this error released? We are using ABviewer 10.0.1.29 x64 STANDARD with Floating License Server 11.0.0.0

Gerald

support

Post by support » 24 Apr 2017, 16:47

Hello Gerald,

We confirm that this problem is not caused by Sophos Client Firewall. The problem occurs only when the file C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Roaming\CADSoftTools\ABViewer 10\DockSettings.ini is removed.

The given problem was solved in ABViewer 11.

Mikhail

gwinkler

Post by gwinkler » 18 May 2017, 14:29

Hi Mikhail,

docksetings.ini exists in my userprofile and i have full Access to the file. Should there be a Special config in the file because Pop up is still coming?

Gerald

support

Post by support » 18 May 2017, 18:11

Hello Gerald,

According to the records of our QA team, there shouldn't be a special configuration in the file DockSettings.ini. Please send your file DockSettings.ini to the Technical Support e-mail, we will retest this issue.

Mikhail

gwinkler

Post by gwinkler » 18 Jan 2018, 13:37

Hello Mikhail,

sorry for not responding for so long. Is there a fix for this issue. There is still no new Version for the Version 10 Viewer. We still have this Problem. The ini file exists in the roaming Profile Folder for the users. I included it to this post.

thank you for helping.

Regards
Gerald
Attachments
DockSettings.zip
(1.05 KiB) Downloaded 2064 times

support

Post by support » 18 Jan 2018, 16:54

Hello Gerald,

You can download a fix for this issue at the following link:
http://www.cadsofttools.com/download/bf ... 30_x64.zip