PowerCAD Import Plugin

This forum is for general questions, comments and discussions on the CADSoftTools products.

Moderators: SDS, support, admin

porpoise

PowerCAD Import Plugin

Post by porpoise » 08 Oct 2004, 02:29

I noticed your PowerCAD CAD Import Plugin. Do you have a similar product in the works for exporting from PowerCAD? If so, what export formats will it support?

Also, what is your update/upgrade policy?

Thanks.

Evgeny

Post by Evgeny » 11 Oct 2004, 11:09

Hi porpoise,
Thank you for your question.
Now we discuss with PowerCAD developer a plugin for export to DXF. It seems we will make it during the month.
Also we were told that ps adobe export is also interested. We can make this plugin when we have direct requirement from the customer. What formats do you need for exporting from PowerCAD?
Many thanks

porpoise

Post by porpoise » 11 Oct 2004, 21:19

I was thinking DXF and/or DWG formats for export. Although, the Adobe format you mentioned might be of interest. Perhaps even PNG or an export to the Canvas drawing program would be of use.

Evgeny

Post by Evgeny » 12 Oct 2004, 10:23

Ok. Firstly we will discuss DXF export with PowerCAD developer. Hopefully it will be ready in November, maybe earlier.

porpoise

Post by porpoise » 12 Oct 2004, 21:19

DXF would be my first choice for a new PowerCAD export format. Say, "hello" to M. Ali for me.

One question, if I create a new drawing object type, derived from a PowerCad object (it would be derived from TRectangle), would this object also export to DXF with the new export tool?

Evgeny

Post by Evgeny » 13 Oct 2004, 11:20

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by porpoise</i>
if I create a new drawing object type, derived from a PowerCad object (it would be derived from TRectangle), would this object also export to DXF with the new export tool?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thank you for the question. This is the main question we discuss. It seems that "direct" dxf export where we read PowerCAD objects and save them to DXF one after another is not very good because of deriving you speak about. We are working on good dxf export via metafile (see DXF Exporter VCL), here DXF export will support all the objects because it exports not the properties of object but drawing functions it uses, like Canvas.LineTo/TextOut with Pen(Brush).Color, etc.